Global Hands Gambia is a Non-Governmental Organisation under the main umbrella of Global Hands UK (Leicester). GHG emerged as a result of plans to expand to The Gambia as the main hub in the South.
The organisation is committed to sustaining itself as a vibrant institution of hope and committed to bringing about serious commitment and action towards building the capacities of its members and where possible beyond, in order to achieve its mission, aims and objectives.
Jimmy Hendry Nzally
Information & Communications
Momodou Lamin Jabbi
Our Aims & Objectives
In refocusing its programme, the key intervention areas of the organisation include (but not be limited) to the following:
Micro-credit and enterprise development
These interventions can be achieved through right base approaches using the following strategies:
Capacity building trainings
Initiating networking and cross border programmes
National youth leadership programmes
Community development projects
1. To inculcate the spirit of voluntarism amongst members.
2. An innate desire to develop links globally.
3. Supporting people build their capacities to address local-global issues.
4. To tackle issues regarding global inequality, through community engagement.
5. To instill culture of understanding and unity amongst members.
6. To cooperate and/affiliate with any organization or association whose objective is in the betterment or advancement of our community.
7. Without limiting the foregoing, to protect the rights of its members, and to do all things necessary or proper to advance and promote their welfare and interests.
Our Vission, Mission & values
GHG envision a world where all people - even in the most remote areas of the country - hold the power to create opportunities for themselves and others.
Our work is driven by a passionate belief that we all have a responsibility in shaping our lives and that of others. In so doing, our collective mental energies and service-oriented nature shall be devoted towards planning activities that can yield tangible returns for the members, our beloved Gambia and the wider world.
1. Respect the views, beliefs, religion and traditions of people
2. Believe in the potential/capabilities of people
3. Support young people; as present and as well future leaders
4. Learning and sharing knowledge, skills and experiences