Global Hands UK and Your Change For a Change (YCFaC) will organize a four days interactive Youth Leadership Summit from the 15th to the 19th November, 2016. This summit will bring together a diverse group of young global leaders to discuss innovative ideas and find solutions to the everyday challenges facing our diverse communities across the world. During the forum, participants will have the opportunity to discuss amongst themselves best practices identify constraints the world is facing and discuss the way forward. Participants will take part in capacity building workshops and trainings on leadership, entrepreneurship and development among other things in giving them the necessary tools in their work as change makers.
It will serve as a platform to bring together and bridge the gap between business leaders, politicians, community heads, public figure role models, scholars, researchers, educators, and students to network and exchange ideas that will serve as platform for participants to bring back shared resources to help effect positive changes in their respective communities. Part of the summit will feature a session on intergenerational dialogue between authorities in the UK and the young leaders in helping bridging the divide. Participants will take part in panel discussions, visit monumental places in the UK to discover and explore the country and its historic landmarks.
This leadership summit comes at a time when the world is faced with some very real challenging issues that seem to emphasis our differences. We felt a need to bridge the gap and learn about each other in order to grow, to be courageous in our collective efforts to remove the obstacles hindering our development and to celebrate our diversity. During the conference and forums we will celebrate our differences and embrace our commonalities. Humanity is always at its best when we have a cohesive inter-dialogue especially among young people of all backgrounds. The summit will occur during a time when world leaders are calling for unity to promote inclusivity and world peace characterized by our different dialects, ideas, religions, race, nationalities, and culture.
Benefits of the Leadership Summit
- The conference will allow the delegates to sharpen and gain new cutting edge skills by learning from the best in their area of expertise with a wealth of experience. The process of learning new principles and skills is almost always easier if accompanied by someone who has previously walked the same path.
- Leadership can be stressful in many regards, attending this summit will give the delegates the refreshment they need to be inspired, motivated, and encouraged by well celebrated public motivational speakers. Delegates will also be provided with new contents, ideas, resources, and best practices to help them grow in their leadership roles through networking, skill building, and knowledge sharing.
- The conference will provide the delegates with a platform to network with other young leaders with similar backgrounds, mindset, and ideals.
- The conference will provide the delegates with an opportunity to expand their horizon and brand. Delegates will have the opportunity to speak about their projects, work, and passion to other delegates and facilitators during networking sessions. They will have the opportunity to connect with other young leaders across the world to lay down foundations for further collaboration.
- The delegates will be exposed to divergent views and opinions outside of their immediate environments. The gathering will serve as an incubator of ideas and innovative methodologies from diverse young leaders from all over the world with different back grounds.
- Delegates will have the opportunity to interact with members of the house of common/parliament of the UK. They will hear first hand from lawmakers and political leaders. It will equally allow the members of the house of common to share UK policies in a global perspective.
- Delegates will have the opportunity to interact with business leaders and entrepreneurs. They will be exposed to cutting edge tools they can use to enhance their business skills. They will also have the opportunity to pitch their business plans and ideas to potential investors.
- Delegates will have the opportunity to tour historic landmarks in London.
SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKERS
Founder and Executive Director of Safe Hands for Girls
HON. ALIEU K. JAMMEH
Hon. Minister, Ministry of Youth and Sports, Banjul, The Gambia
DR. KAREN PASHBY
Lecturer and Researcher Manchester Metropolitan University
LORD STEPHEN CARROLL
The Lord Mayor of Leicester City, UK
Visiting Professor of Political Science and Geography at Bluefield State College
DR ANTA SANE
Professor of Political Science and International Relations at Howard University
Lecturer, De Montfort University and Peace Education Practitioner
Chief Operating Officer of the KEO Foundation
MOMODOU MALCOLM JALLOW
City Council Member, Malmö, Sweden
Head of Public Engagement/PhD researcher at De Montfort University
YCFaC: Founder and President
Youth Dev Worker: Leicester Youth Service
DR MOMODOU SALLAH
De Montfort University: Reader in Globalization and Global Youth Work
Catalyst Academy: Program Manager
Global Hands: Director of International Development
Global Hands: Graphic and Website Designer
Tuesday 15th November 2016
|16:00-18:00||DELEGATES ARRIVAL AND REGISTRATION Registration and collection of conference packs|
|18:00-20:00||WELCOME RECEPTION Welcome reception to be hosted by Global Hands and YCFaC.|
Wednesday 16th November 2016
|08:00-10:00||BREAKFAST AND OFFICIAL OPENING CEREMONY Official opening ceremony - Multicultural musical performance - City Mayor - Rationale for conference from conveners (Global Hands and YCFaC)|
|10:00-11:00||KEYNOTE SPEECHES (2 distinguished speakers to be announced)|
|11:45-12:45||PARALLEL WORKSHOPS 4/5 parallel workshops to be delivered by participants or external experts e.g Keys to Success, Catalyst Academy/Bridge Builders Forum, Public Speaking 101, Health Talk-Body/Mind/Spirit, and Unlocking Potential.|
|14:00-17:45||KEYNOTE SPEECHES AND PARALLEL WORKSHOPS|
Thursday 17th November 2016
|10:00-12:30||KEYNOTE SPEECHES Keynote speeches, Questions and Answers, and Tea Breaks|
|12:30-13:30||PARALLEL WORKSHOPS AND PANEL DISCUSSIONS|
|14:30-17:00||ROUND-TABLE DISCUSSIONS (WOMEN EMPOWERMENT) Round-table discussions (Women Empowerment), Tea Breaks, and Plenary feedback and discussion of issue arising from the round-table discussions|
Friday 18th November 2016
|10:00-11:00||FIELD TRIPS: HOUSE OF COMMONS/LORDS|
|12:00-13:30||FIELD TRIPS: BUCKINGHAM PALACE|
|14:00-15:00||FIELD TRIPS: FOREIGN AND COMMONWEALTH OFFICE|
|15:30-16:30||FIELD TRIPS: EXAMPLES OF BEST PRACTICE|
|19:30-22:30||FORMAL CLOSING CEREMONY AND FAREWELL DINNER/PARTY|
Saturday 19th November 2016